- Prospective Students
- Current students
- Faculty advisors
- Connect and engage
You are hereProspective Students
Applying to the Graduate Program in Neuroscience
Applications for the Graduate Program in Neuroscience at UBC are received through the UBC Faculty of Graduate Studies. For information on the application process, visit www.grad.ubc.ca.
For more information on applying through the UBC Faculty of Graduate Studies, email email@example.com.
Once submitted, applications are forwarded to the UBC Graduate Program in Neuroscience. The Graduate Program in Neuroscience Committee reviews applications, and accepted applications are forwarded back to the Faculty of Graduate studies, who will provide final approval and notify successful applicants.
Acceptance into the Graduate Program in Neuroscience is dependent on:
- Meeting the general entrance requirements of the Faculty of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies, Canada/US or International, along with Neuroscience Program requirements (see Eligibility),
- Acceptance by the Neuroscience Admissions Committee, and
- Secured supervisor and funding
To make your application more competitive, consider the following:
- Browse the current faculty members at https://neuroscience.centreforbrainhealth.ca/members-neuroscience and https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/finding-supervisor
- Contact any faculty whose research interests match your own, and ask if they are interested in taking on students (it is helpful to include your resume, transcript and brief summary of your research interests)
- Prepare your application documents before you start the online application
- Secure external funding
Application for admissions are open for the Fall session beginning September only. We do not have January or May admissions.