- Prospective Students
- Current students
- Faculty advisors
- Upcoming Events
- Connect and engage
You are hereAbout
Neuroscience Graduate Student Association
The Neuroscience Graduate Student Association (NRSC GSA) gives a clear voice to the student interests, and is incredibly active in organizing regular events and social activities, including cross-program socials, Pub Nights and BBQs. Like the NRSC GSA on Facebook or follow @NeuroscienceUBC on Twitter for information on events and activities.
The NRSC GSA was founded in June 2009 by two graduate students, Conny Lin and Vilte Barakauskas. The association organized two departmental socials in the inaugural year. In its second year (2010/2011), the NRSC GSA established an executive team to meet the expanded goals of building an academic and social support network for students.
The Neuroscience Graduate Student Association (NRSC GSA) aims to promote the growth of the academic, professional, cultural and social well-being of its members with the ultimate goal of developing a cohesive, supportive and vibrant neuroscience community both on and off-campus.
Specific goals of the NRSC GSA are to:
- Represent, advocate for and protect the interests of neuroscience graduate students.
- Facilitate and foster synergistic relationships between supervisors, professors and students.
- Provide timely and efficient communication of relevant information to students and NRSC GSA members about events and news relevant to the GPN.
- Provide ongoing academic advice and support to students completing required coursework and working towards their thesis.
- Encourage and promote social interaction between NRSC GSA members, students and faculty and the UBC community at large through the organization of social events, fundraisers and volunteering opportunities.
- Improve and enhance all aspects of graduate student life in the NRSC program at UBC.